PART 1: INTRODUCTION
This Privacy & Security Policy sets out how SocialRel8 Ltd uses and protects any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that SocialRel8 gathers when you access our Websites and when our Customers use SocialRel8’s services or applications. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that SocialRel8 does not own or control, or to individuals that SocialRel8 does not employ or manage.
SocialRel8 Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st July 2012.
PART 2: SOCIALREL8 WEBSITES
What we collect when you access our Websites
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather from our Websites
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping. For example, if you communicate with us by email or register via this site, we may keep the correspondence, together with your email address and our reply, for our business records.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For more information on cookies and how to decline / delete cookies, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
PART 3: SOCIALREL8 SERVICES & APPLICATIONS
What information users of our services & applications can collect
Users of our services and applications may collect the following information:
- Email address.
What the users of our services and applications do with the information that is gathered from a SocialRel8 service or application
- In the instance where you consent to complete a survey, and your email address has been collected, we will send you an email requesting that you complete an online survey.
- Immediately after the email has been sent to you, your email address will be deleted from our database.
- All data that you enter into any of our customer survey applications will be anonymised and may be used by our customers for the purpose of performance management and business improvement.
PART 4: CONTROL, SECURITY AND DATA STORAGE
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
In providing services and applications to our clients, SocialRel8 maintains appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of client data and the personal data of the client’s customers.
These safeguards include:
- Encryption of data in transmission (using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or similar technologies).
- Access Controls – SocialRel8 provides each application user with a unique user name and password that must be entered each time the user logs on to a SocialRel8 service or application. SocialRel8 issues a session “cookie” only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of a specific session. The session “cookie” does not include either the username or password of the user. SocialRel8 does not use “cookies” to store other confidential user and session information, but instead implements more advanced security methods based on dynamic data and encoded session IDs.
- Firewalls – SocialRel8 services and applications are all hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
- Audit Logs – All system actions processed by SocialRel8 services and applications are logged. These logs are backed up in line with the SocialRel8 back-up policy.